A text based summary of what this document is about
- In the Project > Client Billing tab, open the Billing Approval with the paper & pencil icon.
- Click the ‘Set as ready to export’ button to mark the transaction as ‘Prepared’.
This will make the Billing Approval appear in the Dashboard > Ready to Invoice tab. This tab can be used as a todo list by staff responsible for invoicing.
- Using the Ready to Invoice tab (or alternative means if preferred) open a Prepared Billing Approval.
- Change the Transaction Type to ‘Invoice’, and save.
This will result in an invoice # being generated so that the invoice can be sent to the client. In addition, the invoice will now appear in the Dashboard > Export tab (and will no longer in the Ready to Invoice tab).
Exporting to Sage is done in batches, as regularly as you wish but typically end of the month, once all invoices have been made. The Export tab shows the invoices in the current batch that will be exported.
- Once you are ready to export a batch, click the ‘Export (SAGE)’ button.
- Note the filename of the generated file which will be downloaded to your computer.
- Once downloaded, it needs to be accessible by the Sage computer for the next step – importing into Sage…
- Launch the iCFM Sage Post application, fill in the Sage Data Path, Sage credentials and log in.
- Click the ellipsis button to select the file to import.
- Select the file exported from iCFM. You will see a popup message with the number of invoices to be posted to Sage.
- Click OK to close the popup and then click ‘Post to Sage’.
- The invoices are now in Sage – login to Sage to verify.